Google introduced the launch of an up to date model of the Google Search Console Crawl Stats report. The new Crawl Stats report has new options that supply extra granular insights into how Google is crawling your web site.
Google Search Console Crawl Stats Report
The Crawl Stats Report is helpful for monitoring adjustments in crawling patterns. Changes in crawl patterns can typically be sturdy alerts that one thing fallacious (or proper!) is going on.
For instance, if the crawl charge all of the sudden drops this may very well be a sign of a server misconfiguration, a DDOS assault, an replace that went fallacious or any variety of different points.
If the crawl charge begins to drop it may be a sign that there’s a drawback with with the content material high quality as properly.
An improve in crawling might point out that you just’re doing one thing proper, like including helpful content material.
But a rise in crawl charge might additionally point out a misconfiguration that’s inflicting the positioning to auto-generate duplicate or skinny internet pages.
New Crawl Stats Report Features
The up to date Crawl Stats Report has the next new options:
- “Total number of requests grouped by response code, crawled file type, crawl purpose, and Googlebot type.
- Detailed information on host status
- URL examples to show where in your site requests occurred
- Comprehensive summary for properties with multiple hosts and support for domain properties”
Continue Reading Below
Google’s announcement highlights updates to Over-time Charts, Grouped Crawl Data, and High Level & Detailed Information on Host Status Issues studies.
The up to date Grouped Crawl Data report options extra granular particulars.
“…provides data on crawl requests broken down by response, file type of the fetched URL, purpose of the crawl request, and Googlebot agent.”
Google summarizes the enhancements as:
- “See Google’s crawling history in the overtime charts
- See the file types and file sizes returned by your site
- See crawl requests details in the example lists
- Track your site’s availability issues in the host status view”
This is a welcome replace to the Search Console that will likely be helpful to serving to monitor web sites for any points which may come up. All publishers will profit from making the Crawl Stats Report part of monitoring websites for search efficiency.
Continue Reading Below
Read Google’s official announcement:
New and Improved Crawl Stats for Your Site